Children Nutrition

Pandemic of Obesity

After I was listening on TV S-SPAN panel with the Agriculture and Nutrition Department of America about Pandemic of Obesity or Mal- Nutritional of the children.
THE World Health Organization declared obesity a global epidemic with
Major health implications.1 According to the 1999–2000 National Health and
Nutrition Examination Survey (www.cdc.gov/nchs/nhanes.htm), the prevalence
Of overweight or obesity in children and youth in the United States is over 45%,
A value that has tripled since the 1960s.The health implications of this epidemic
are profound. Insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes mellitus, hypertension, obstructive
Sleep apnea, nonalcoholic state o hepatitis, poor self-esteem, and a lower
Health-related quality of life is among the comorbidities seen more commonly in
Affected children and youth in their metabolism.




My opinion, as I have many years to work very closely with children from 6 months to 13 years old. In those years I worked in different levels of social-economic of Pre-Scholl private for 3 years where the family is with high income, other 2 years I worked with a middle class social or middle income and for 4 years worked in a poverty level.  In my observation all those years this places I found the same nutrition problem.


You and I are now both well informed for others we are part of the virtual Campaign to share with loved ones and friends. Share this article.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children's Rights in all Cultures

Hyperactivity

Causes and Factors Infants do not Sleep Well